Interior Design

I always liked art, but until recently, I'd never thought about pursuing a career in art. I gained an interesting in painting during the art classes this past week, and my one of my favorite channels ever is HGTV. I love seeing the transformation of a room with the use of color and patterns, and I think it's so interesting that design can have such a huge impact on the way we view things. Almost everything that we consume and buy in the modern world involves elements of design: electronics, architecture, interiors, clothing, books... I don't even have to list any of these things because as I said before, EVERYTHING involves design.It would be super cool and interesting to pursue a career in interior design, and maybe have my own show on HGTV. I could be like David Bromstad, last year's Design Star winner, and host of Color Splash, which I love. That's kind of a dream of mine. I would design and transform living spaces, and do some painting too.
My room right now is a complete mess. My mom wants me to clean it before we leave for Korea, so I think this is a good chance to do some decorating and organizing at the same time. This is how my room looks right now:


As you can see, it's really messy and my stuff is everywhere.
Now, onto the designing part of this. My room is very, very boring. I can't remember ever not having white walls in my bedroom, so I would be so happy to paint my room. I think I would probably paint it with a light bluish/purpleish-grey, and keep the white lining on the floor. As for the furniture, I would add a bedside table, a new lamp, perhaps a new chair, and an irregular fluffy shag rug under my desk and bed. I really like the shelf and desk set I got when we moved in here, though. I don't know if I would be allowed, but I really wish I could take the blinds off of the window and put a pretty curtain in its place. Oh, I would also put up some picture frames, of course.  The one you can see in the upper-right hand corner was actually drawn by moi! It was my final for the art course I took at the community college nearby, and I completed it the night-morning right before I was supposed to turn it in. It took forever to decide what to do, but I finally settled on a clock and some abstract numbers all over the place. It's supposed to symbolize my on-going battles with time-management. My mom had the frame custom-made at Michael's, and it's gorgeous. She was that proud of me! I'll probably replace the art itself with a painting or something, because I only spent a few hours on that one. 

I just finished watching David Bromstad's show "Color Splash in Miami". Not only is he good-looking, he's a great designer and an amazing artist. Here is some bedroom design inspiration from HGTV:



I'll post the 'after' photo after I'm done decorating and cleaning a little bit. I'll gradually change it up a bit and post my room-makeover-journey! 

0 comments: