What I've Been Up To

It's been more than a week since my last post! Life here's been...well kind of prosaic, to use an SAT word. I've been taking hagwon classes so far, and it's been okay, except for the tiresome traveling by subway every morning. Most of the people are a few grades older than me, but that's okay. It's been way better than I expected. I've even found a mutual friend of someone I used to know. I've seen close to ten friends/acquaintances so far, but I'm hoping to see much more. Everyone's exactly the same, and I'm guessing that they don't think that I've changed dramatically, either. A few of my friends have either drifted apart or are mad at each other, but I'm still so glad about how excited (jovial) everyone's been about me being here!

We're staying at my cousins' house here in Seoul, and although it's uncomfortable, it's miles better than the random apartment that we were primarily planning to stay at. The amount I'm walking each day is incomparable to what I was doing in Arizona, but I'm not getting any fitter (that's the word I'm using to replace 'skinnier'). I'm probably going to seoul club on thursday, so I'll see even more people, and more people will see me. Ugh... I have so much homework and vocabulary to go through, it's insane. I wish I could keep up with blogging, but my endless procrastination is virtually uncontrollable.

0 comments: